St. Olaf College campus offers a beautiful setting for the International Cello Institute.
The Music Buildings have state-of-the-art practice rooms, spacious teaching
studios, and fine pianos. Performance spaces include Studio A
in the Skifter Building and Urness Recital Hall in Christiansen Hall of Music.
Our cafeteria caters to every taste and dietary need;
vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, lactose intolerant,
gluten intolerant you name it we have it!
Urness Recital Hall (performance venue)
Studio A (performance venue)
Getting to the College:
From I-35 (from the north or south)
- Take I-35 to Hwy. 19 East (Exit 69, Northfield exit)
- Travel east on Hwy. 19 for approximately 6 miles into the Northfield city limits
- The main entrance to the college will be on your left. Enter the campus here, go up a long hill and when you reach the roundabout take a hard right, you will see a long stone building called Kittlesby/Hilleboe Hall, this is our dorm. There is temporary parking where you can unload, go up the steps from the circle and you will see our registration desk.
From Hwy. 77 (Cedar Avenue/CR23) (from the north)
- Follow Hwy. 77 south through Apple Valley
- Leaving Apple Valley, Hwy 77 turns into Co. Rd. 23
- Follow Co. Rd. 23 into Northfield; the campus will be on your right
- As you enter the Northfield city limits, go right (south) on Lincoln
- Turn right (west) on St. Olaf Avenue toward the St. Olaf campus. Go up the long hill, do not turn right or left, follow it around the whole campus you will see signs for ICI and they should lead you directly to the dorm.
From US-52 (from the north or south)
- Take US-52 to Hwy. 19 (in Cannon Falls)
- Travel west on Hwy. 19 into Northfield, which will include several stop signs and turns.
- Continue west on Hwy. 19 until you reach the western edge of Northfield
- The main entrance to the college will be on your right. Enter the campus here.
Transportation From / To Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport
ICI does it’s best to offer transport from or to MSP airport, especially if there is a group coming in at approximately the same time. However we are not able to accommodate everyone. Those of you arriving with your parents should find your own way to the college.